Monday, August 4, 2008

Hypothermia and broken fingers!

Well Jonathan and Mandy got into the blogisphere so I guess that means I'll have to start taking pictures and telling people about my lame life more now! I won't be outdone! But...seeming that I don't have a baby...I think I'm in trouble.

This weekend we, Lisa, Katie and my singles ward, went and floated the Provo river. Well it seemed like a good idea when I invited Lisa and Katie to go seeming that it has been hotter than Russia lately but ended up being just the opposite. It was good company and a lot of fun people were there, but the problem came when we didn't put in until 8 PM! The sun may have still been shining elsewhere, but we were in a canyon and it got cold QUICK! Us three put in last because we had been asked to 'take up the rear to make sure no one died' they may have rethought that had they known how much I hate water, especially cold water.

Things were going just fine until we got to the infamous bridge! Let's just say we didn't navigate it so well. We came out with 2 of us off our tubes, me very cold now, and Katie with a broken finger. After that with Katie saying she was going to barf and Lisa getting the beginnings of hypothermia we decided to get out and walk the rest of the river. And yes I'm going to blame it all on the girls. It's my blog I can do whatever I want to!

It was a fun trip and I'm glad that we went, but we will never go again unless we're in a raft or going down at 3 in the afternoon!

No comments: