Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Carol Clawson

Carol Clawson passed away last week. Many of you won't know her and won't even blink but I wanted to write some of the memories I had of her and about some of the many regrets that I'm sure we all have.

Growing up I lived in Don and Carol's ward and every week after piano lessons I would go up and spend an hour or two eating and talking with her. It was a fun experience for me and I'm sure it meant a lot to her...or at least I hope it did and that I wasn't just an annoyance.

We moved and of course I stopped seeing her. She'd be around at some family functions and I'd give her a hug and she'd kiss me on my cheek, but not an every week thing. She got old and couldn't walk but she always had a smile and a kiss for me when I saw her. The sad thing and the thing I regret is not visiting more and seeing her smile and helping out more. I think we all have that regret through life. We all have desires to serve and help those in need, but we all get tied up in life and forget what's important because I'm sure that how well David sings this week isn't really going to help anyone in the long run.

No comments: